Team roles are only available on paid Koan plans. Learn more about our pricing here.
There are two separate groupings of roles in Koan. There are Organizational Roles and there are Team Roles. Organizational Roles refer to whether or not you are a Koan Organizational Administrator or not. Team Roles refer to what administrative abilities you in Koan have at the team-level. Keep reading to learn more!
Each member of your team has one of four roles:
- Member: A member can configure goals and submit reflections. Koan will ask them for status updates and encourage them to participate in team conversations. This is the default role.
- Admin (Team): A Team Admin has access to team settings and can configure goals and submit reflections. Koan will ask them for status updates like any other team member. They can also add or remove team members, adjust settings, and configure 3rd-party integrations. This role is useful because it enables someone to configure a team's settings without assuming full managerial duties.
- Manager: A Team Manager is an admin with the added ability to send private notes to members through reflections. Managers have all administrative access to team configuration, but Koan will also ask them to set team goals, monitor progress, and give feedback in private messages as team members' deliver their work.
- Observer: An Observer can view and comment on goals and reflections for the team, but cannot submit reflections. The Observer has full visibility into the team's progress and reflection responses, but Koan will never ask them for status updates. This role is useful for sharing your team's unfiltered progress with anyone that isn't directly involved in the work. For example, supervisors who oversee the team, but don't directly contribute to the team's projects.
Note: Individuals in Koan can be assigned to many teams and therefore can have many different team roles. These roles are specific to each team.
For example: if I am a member of the Engineering Leadership Team and the Manager of the Mobile Engineering Team, I will have the team roles of Manager and Member. However, I will only have manager rights when looking at the Mobile Engineering team, and I will have member rights when looking at the Engineering Leadership Team.
Changing Team Roles
To adjust team roles, sign into a team you administer or manage and visit Manage Team > Members. Then you will be taken to a list of all the individuals on the team and their associated roles. Once you find the user you are looking for, select the dropdown menu to the right of the user's name to change their team role:
There are only two types of Organizational roles, users and Organizational Administrators...
- Users include everyone in a Koan organization. This is the default role. Anyone in Koan (regardless of their Team roles) is a user.
- Organizational Administrators have the most administrative abilities across the platform. They can configure the organization, administer teams, adjust billing, configure authentication, and perform high-level tasks. There is no limit to how many Organizational Administrators you can have.
Adding Organizational Admins
You can have as many organizational admins as you would like, just be sure the individual is added to Koan first and then invite them to be an organization administrator.
To add or remove Organizational Admins, go to Manage organization in the left navigation panel and then click the Users icon.
Next you will want to find the individual's name in the list of users and then select the three-dot kebab icon to the right. This will open a dropdown menu, select Set to admin to give that user organizational admin privileges.
Note: Organizational Admins and Team Admins are different roles. Organizational Admins have administrative privileges across all organizational and team settings in the account, whereas a Team Admin only has administrative privileges over one team.
Removing Organizational Admins
To remove an Organizational Admin's privileges, you will follow the same workflow as adding them. Manage organization > Users > three-dot Kebab icon > Remove admin rights. This will revert them back to a 'User' and revoke their administrative access.
Note: To add or remove Organizational Administrators, you will need to be an Organizational Administrator. If you are the person who started the Koan account, you are automatically assigned as an Organizational Administrator.