There are a couple different ways to invite your team into Koan, depending on your role in Koan, how many users you're adding, and if you want them to have access to the system right away.
If you're inviting people to a specific team...
To invite your teammates into your Koan team, you will need to be a team manager, team administrator, or organizational administrator (on paid plans. Free tier users will all have the ability to add team members and manage their team). If you created the team, you will automatically be assigned as a team administrator.
- Click the Manage Team icon in the top right to reach your team settings page.
- From team settings choose Members.
- Under Invite someone to your team, there is a text box where you can enter a team member's email address. If the individual is already established in Koan, their email will populate in the search bar. If they have not yet been invited to Koan yet, you will have to type out their complete email, and we will send them an email invite to Koan and to your team.
- Select the Invite icon! It is that easy.
- (For Pro and Enterprise plans only) After you have invited someone, you will have the option to choose that member's role for the team. Optional roles include member, team manager, team admin, or observer. To learn more about roles in Koan, go here. You can change the user's role by selecting the dropdown menu to the right of their name.
That's it! We'll send your teammate an invitation to collaborate with you through Koan.
Haven't yet created your team? Go here to learn how.
If you want to add multiple people to Koan and/or don't want to send email invites...
If you're an organizational administrator and want to add multiple team members to Koan at once or want to add people to the tool without sending invites, you can do this by selecting Manage Organization > Users > Add Users. Then you'll have the option to add multiple users at once, as well as decide whether or not you want to send them a notification email. Add your user(s), and that's it!
Sending a Welcome Email vs. Silent Invites
Choosing to send or not to send welcome emails when you add users to Koan is up to you.
If you choose to check Send users a welcome email, all the emails that you entered will immediately receive an email invite to Koan, regardless of whether or not those individuals have been added to teams or if you have completed setting up Koan.
If you leave Send users a welcome email unchecked, this will add users to Koan without sending them an email invite; we call this a Silent Invite. This can be useful if you want to finish setting up the Koan account (adding users to teams and assigning them to goals) before having users access it.
When you're ready to send the invitation emails (if you haven't already), there are two ways to do this. You can go back to your list of members via the team settings (Team settings > Members) or the organizational settings (Manage Organization > Users) and select the three-dot kebab icon to the right of the user's name. This will open up a dropdown menu that will allow you to send the user an invite.